Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Challenge of Good News

Worship is a challenge and yet privilige for me here in Thailand. Today I was in charge of sharing the word of inspiriation for staff worship. For some reason this is one of the most challenging things for me - sharing Jesus' love with those that I work so intimitaely with. I was nervous, but I must remember that it is my obligation to share the good news I've been able to experience. What happens afterwards is between God and each of his children.

This morning I dressed up in different colors of cloth. I was drapped. I began by sharing how there was a community who lived a life of montony, who fostered sameness. In the morning they would gather together in front of the 'holy man' and bring him a peice of cloth that symbolized their sins that they felt convicted about. He would accept them but he wanted to move beyond that. What the community didn't realize was that he wanted all their sins, all their impurities and desired to dress them in his purity, in white robes of cleanliness and love. He didn't just want one sin but all sins that consumed them.

Then I transitioned from their and shared that we are like this community. We come before God with our prayers, our sins not realizing he wants our all not just one specific sin. If a man comes to his neighbor in the night and persistently bothers the neighbor till he recieves bread. How can we think that God, who wants to, would not provide for us also? Such greatness of God is incomprehendable... like the thought of heaven. Forgiveness is not something we can easily grasp and yet the tastes of it that we recieve are addictive but good.

It was a good morning and every time that I lead out I realize I cannot know the effects my words will or will not have on others. All I can do is walk out in faith that God has called me to share how he's changed my life, how he has loved me and place the end results in God's hands.

God what are you up to? How will you be glorified in the now and that which is to come? I don't get you and yet I am in awe of your mysterious ways. Thank you for choosing to use one full of sin and imperection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home