Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mission College

This weekend I went to Mauk Lek and hung out at Mission College with people my own age. It's really nice to do that. I love kids but sometimes I just can't relate to them the same as those who were born the same decade I was!

I travelled with about 10 other teachers from Ekamai and Rangkemhang (?) and one of the teacher's exclaimed since there were no students we could be 'irresponsible'. To be honest however our 'irresponsibility' was nothing! Oh, well!

Mauk Lek is a beautiful place with fresh air... Bangkok just can't meet the standard! It is not very busy and you can see the stars at night (another difficult thing to do in Bangkok). So my soul has some restoration time. I took night and morning walks and just enjoyed being with God. While I walked at night I saw a scorpion! And was thankful that I had not stepped on it as I was barefooted. And in the morning I was 'nerdy' and went bird watching - the birds are so different than what is in Washington state.

During church on Sabbath I saw my friends, Wit, Malee and Kanu. They are my Karen brothers and sister and I enjoyed giving them hugs and attempting to communicate and understand each other. I feel bad however about being here... one thing I tend to do is become a bit reclusive because I am afraid of the guys. They take to much interest in farang girls... too direct for me. I run away from these young men. Anyhow I said I wouldn't date while I was here but it isn't always a 'promise' I want to keep.

Lately, I have been struggling with myself in consideration of what to do next school year. I have considered coming to MC (Mission College) but I am beginning to think I should just go to Walla Walla again. It hurts and yet I get excited too. I am one confused honey. Oh, well that makes life a bit exciting!

On Sabbath night I hung out with some cool students ( Tressor, SPt, Maria, Vivian, Linden, Hannah, Toshi, Sandi, Sarah, Shannon, Teak, Sophia and a few others I can't remember). We took pictures of each other, talked, had pillow fights, cooked some good spaghitti...were our 'crazy' selves. I really miss that...

Till later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home