Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tomorrow... last day. Whoa. It hasn't quite hit me. I'm beginning to say my goodbyes to the kids. Most of them probably don't know I'm leaving... so in someways I feel guilty. But I hate goodbyes. Who knows perhaps we'll meet again (apparently this world is a small place).

Yesterday I felt how one responds to injustice. In someways what happened was a 'simple' thing. I realize that I hold our students here at school up to high expectations and standards. I was going up to my office and took the elevator. On my way up I noticed two girls quickly jotting down multiple choice answers for a test. I asked, what is that? Nothing. Again in my persistence. What is that? I then asked the girls to step out of the office and give me their cheat sheet, their names and their teacher's names.

I felt upset not so much that they would cheat but that they would be so foolish as to do it right in front of me. There is still so much that I don't understand about this culture. But will I let that destroy my love for this place? I hope not.

My friends and and I are up to no good. That is fun. We are going to be throwing a bachalorettes party. Sweet underware and other fun stuff. But shhhh! don't tell anyone. I hope it doesn't leak out what we are up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home