Thursday, January 04, 2007

Reply

Today I read your letter you wrote me over two years ago. I had sent you a letter requesting finanical assistance to go as a Missionary of Thailand. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your reasons for choosing not to.

Thank you for respecting and honoring me in my choice and likewise giving me an oppertunity to honor you. You mentioned 'saving' as being repungent. My only response can be is I cannot save anyone that's not for me to do. As for the ivasiveness of missions, I understand how culture and worship can be shredded by our (my) placing/forcing what I know and view as right ways on others can and does do. I will never know my personal impact (psotive ro negative) on those lives that crossed my own. But am overjoyed by how others impacted and changed who I am now. I agree about the arrogance of assuming others are/would be better off worhsipping my way versus God's leading.

Oh, I wanted to confess, say sorry, on behalf of what has happened in history when missionaries 'missioned' others. Although it wasn't necessarily me who did it. Again thank you, your words have challenged me to reflect on my experience, my life, last year. Although it wasn't easy I loved a life of service and feel so privileged and honored to have been a part of that land's life.

In service of the Father of Lights.
Renee

* This is a response*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home