Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Letter to Mo

I'm back in Walla Walla. It is so intimidating being here... I get so caught up in fear of how things have changed since I've been here. Yesterday I really struggled with a bought of reverse culture shock, homesickness and intimidation. Little things made me cry... let me explain. My mom drove me down here with the intention of leaving my stuff. So she'd have less stuff to haul down to Arizona (she's doing so at the end of this week). I got to thinking, which is a terribly dangerous thing to do, why doesn't she just leave me here. Our original plans had changed so I wasn't needed to help out in driving. So here I am at Walla Walla. Living in a small studio but it's got a pretty good kitchenette so I shouldn't complain. I cried when my mom left and it took three or so times of hugging and crying before she actually left. After that I began to unpack and put together a bed mom bought and every little thing about Thailand made me cry. I picked up Sai's scarf that she gave me and cried, I looked at the year book from Ekamai and cried, I looked at a candle Apisit carved for me ... yeap and cried. Yet even so, God is so wonderful to me he provided many familiar faces to which I could talk and bodies to hug. He doesn't abandon me. I hope you are doing well, getting a little sleep and finding many reasons to laugh. I miss you terribly and just when I think I've acclimated back into America's life I find another reason to be homesick. Goodness I can't wait till Jesus comes.

Ya Eh Nah Pado.
Long-nosed, white- Karen
Renee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home