Monday, September 11, 2006

Long-nosed, White Karen

Long-nosed, White Karen

Reading my last blog I thought I should expound on the definition and details of that phrase.

Long-nosed:
as a foreigner (to Thailand), especially of European descent, most have long noses. actually don't because I'm part filipino (more of a flat, wide one I'd say!).

White: also, as a foreigner of Thailand having a European descent our skin tends to be a envied white... (although again, I am an expection... my filipino-ness gives me a nice creamy brown).

Karen: Is on of the hill tribes of Thailand/Burma/Lao area that I was 'adopted' by...

Sometimes I joke that instead of being a long-nosed, white Karen that I am a white-nosed, long Karen. IT is almost fitting... BUT my nose isn't that white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home